Thursday, January 22, 2009

Repercussions

I have an infection.

It has obviously been there for awhile.

I have to go on some antibiotics for a few weeks each year to get it under control it seems.

Ever since I beat the 'beast' there is a price to pay and yup, I'm paying it.

I got some weird bug and get blood tests every 90 days without visiting a doctor. Please call me if something isn't right.

They called me 2 days ago saying that some 'wierd' level of my kidney thing was not right. I hadn't actually gone for quite a few months. Why check something if you feel good right?

Today, I woke up to feeling a bit 'off' and people noticed at work today that my cheek was super puffy. I didn't...(no vanity here..hahaha)

My doctor though thinks that it is because I flew after having chemo/radiation.

Pardon me? I am invinsible? no?

So, i sit here strangely off 'my game' and don't feel so great and I briefly go to 'my cancer returning' and yet, I have no symptoms of that...hmmm..

Now, I am swallowing crazy amounts of pills knowing that 'nothing' glowed on a PET scan making me think that my cancer returned...

and yet, my whole family is 'freaked out' thinking that I'm in denial and I'm swallowing these pills and I'm hoping that my face will deviate from the 'planet of the apes' thing that is going on currently...

and I know that I will be fine and I wonder...

I thought 'everything that happened in Vegas' was supposed to stay there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,

You have been through a huge ordeal. Very traumatic, indeed.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through these "set-backs".

I know that you know that you are the kind of gal that can get through these set-backs.

Very inspirational, indeed.

Right now, though, pamper yourself like crazy and let that inner strength and beauty shine through.

Big hugs and kisses.

Ocean