Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I said 'penises' on CBC radio today :)

2 years ago, I had cancer.

Today, I was on CBC radio accross Canada discussing kids seeing 'penises' on school computers.

How freaking cool is that?

I had a 15 minute interview LIVE on the radio about my daughter accessing questionable things online and everyone loved me.

Fred and 8 of his buddies working around the farm in preparation for the new 'additions' all sat around the fire drinking beer and listening to my 'Dr. Laura' mentality of kids online.

30 minutes after it was done, CBC called me back and said that they were inundated with calls and emails expressing horror at what their elementary kids could see at school and CBC had an offer.

I'm going to be doing a '30' minute online segment with them next week and parents will be able to call in and ask me questions and I will give them answers....

HOLY CRAP.

Video killed the radio star. Video killed the radio star.

Seriously though, its a great thing.

Cancer made me want to do IT ALL today cause I might not have tomorrow.

One always puts things off to 'another' day until that day becomes a bit of an option really.

The ride has been 'sweet' post cancer.

I wake up and do all kinds of 'shit' everyday now that no mere 'mortal' would EVER be able to do.

Got a job to get done?

Give it to a cancer survivor. They'll get 'er done'....

Sometimes, I think about my cancer coming back.

Will it? Won't it? Will I actually know before-hand or will a CT scan bring me down and make me want to plan my life for the next 24 months. I might only have that much time.

God only really knows.

It takes a lot to take something so 'sinister' as cancer and turn it into the 'dance' of your life.

I hope that one person reading this blog is doing so as they are looking for inspiration for what they are going through or what they WILL be going through.

I walked the walk and talked the talk and I lived through it and so will you.

Indeed, I have days where I am so, so tired.

Some would blame it on the radiation. I blame it on the fact that I have shitloads of animals now, work 2 jobs, raise 4 kids and a pure-bred german dude who is always right.

Sometimes, we go through rough shit.

Life is like that.

I think the secret to 'living' through it is accepting it for what it is and taking your 'hand' dealt and looking at the possiblities in front of your face.

How man people do you know that have been able to say, 'penises' on CBC radio? :)

"And what did you do today?" is my new saying for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I go away for a couple of weeks and just look what you get up to :)