Saturday, March 8, 2008

There are varying degrees of tattoos.

My son Dane, is 2 years old.

This morning getting out of the shower, said little man spied a tattoo that I have on my ass.

"Vroom, vroom" he said in the cutest voice possible. Dane knows a classic car when he sees one and knows a damn good tattoo as well.

After I was diagnosed with cancer I had to get 'tattoo-ed' with a pukey color of green in 4 places around my pelvic area. This was done to 'mark' me for radiation treatments so they could get it 'right' for sparky.

Once I finished my treatments I felt sort of 'marked' for lack of a better word. I felt that those 4 'dots' showed my scar from radiation treatments and no matter what shape I got my mind back into, the residuals would remain.

So, I started on a path to get some 'kick-ass' tattoo to cover-up the mark that technology in fact used, to save my life.

Call me vain. Call me whatever you like actually. Views of others rarely bother me anymore. Call it a cancer 'fix' of sorts.

I perused a few on-line tattoo sites looking for something to signify who the 'new' me was and what I had become after this dance with cancer.

Initially, I wanted an elaborate fairy with detail to die for and colors of the brightest realms.

I went to meet with "Jake" (highly regarded tattoo guy)

Jake asked what I wanted.

I went on about some pics. that I had of fairies to which he replies.

"Why is it you chicks always want the butterflies and the fairies?"

Hmmm...ponder for a second or so and then say.....

"Ok, what would you suggest?"

"What drives you? What makes you go 'ewww''''?" he asks

"Hmmm...I love old cars" I say...

Within 2 days, he's got a few digi. proofs of Freddy's 1970 mach I and although I thought initially it would be 1 inch around, the baby finished off at 6 inches by 6 inches...

Call me fucking nuts!!!!

The tattoo hurt like hell and took 3 hours but it was so worth it.

Why a 1970 Mustang Mach I? you ask....

1. Only 3000 built like this one. About my same chances of getting cancer.
2. Goes like freaking snot as do I.
3. Its loud sometimes and oh so damn sexy...

and finally,

It represents a muscle car of the finest example.

I did initially tell Freddy that I was going to get a tattoo. He actually wanted me to get a gay white-rose on my breast..

Yup, I'll do that when I'm on my way to buy the flour to bake your freaking bread buddy. :)

Said tattoo was debuted while playing pool.

"So, lets see the flower that you got on your butt darling"....says fred.

(he must be some sort of moron to thing that I'd maybe meet '1/2' way and get his rose on my ass? lol)

I removed the bandage and I thought he was going to cry, honestly.

He looked at the detail and the fact that this chick in front of him actually had the tattoo with detail enough to read the personalized license plate.

In fact, a week later Freddy took the Mach I by to see Jake who loved the car and said that he'd won a 1st place prize for the car on my ass....:)

Why is it this cancer in my 'ass' makes all kinds of things appear to start from my ass or end from my ass? hehehe

I noticed this morning that the pukey green tattoo courtesy of the "BC Cancer Centre" is smack-dab-in-the-middle of the headlight of the Mustang Mach I covering most of my ass currently.

And then of course, I got to thinking.

Maybe the green dot in my headlight means something. "Keep it forth-right and centre." as they say.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" as they say.

I'm already thinking of my next tattoo....

I'm now at 3.

First one was a bad hockey bet. Lost badly. 1 grand in US dollars...(was huge then...like 17 freaking dollars...hahaha) and a NJ devils tattoo.

I wear it proudly.

Next as the tazmanian devil. Bit of devil in me, yes.:) He's on my right cheek :)

Mach I is left ass cheek. (I was actually quite shocked it healed considering the skin was fucking radiation a few months ago there...(wow...radiated sounds so harsh, no? :))

I'm sure I'll keep it up and become one of those fat-chicks in the nursing homes with tattoos meeting stretched skin and my mach I will look like a fucking 'boat' but who cares really?

If I have the mind-set to actually remember when I got the tatto0, so be it.

If not, I'll just refer back to my blog...

btw-I had 90 hits yesterday on this blog-o-meter and that makes me think that I'm either really fucking warped or else I'm doing some damn good here...

I prefer the fucking warped thing, Jim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it may even be fitting if the bad-boy mustang turns into Noah's Ark.....ya know,.... once you reach the nursing home stage.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for an ass pic!