Saturday, December 20, 2008

New beginnings

I have not posted to this blog for 6 months until yesterday.

I have read past entries from being diagnosed 2 years ago with cancer to present day.

The thought crossed my mind to close my cancer blog and start something new and something perhaps a bit more positive.

I realized a few days ago that this is my life and I don't want to mask it and deny what it really was at the end of the day.

The read is a good one and its also an honest one. It calls cancer for what it is and I'm actually very happy to have written what I did, when I did. It somehow gave me closure on a few issues.

Some of you know me although most of you do not.

Most of you have never met me nor broken bread with me over a great bottle of a good red.

You would pass me by on the streets without a second glance of a perhaps recognition.

We are silent partners for the most part although I've helped you out and you've helped me as well.

I have changed the background of my blog to plain, simple white.

I don't need to hide behind the scariness of 'black' any longer and I feel now that the smiley face of a different color is a bit more appropriate than the endless black hole I had as a 'mask' for the real me before.

For any of you wondering about my current 'animal' thing, there is an update there as well which should be told and now seems like as good time as any.

I still have 4 dogs as well as a few cats. We have birds in the kitchen which is now also shared by the resident ' pot belly ' pig named Pinky who also has a blankie and a barbie purse.

I took this year off of coaching soccer as I just wanted to spend some time with my family.

I'm still working full-time in finance and rescuing unwanted dogs as a hobby after hours.

This blog will be getting an overhaul and I think its about time to start anew.

I'm hoping 'cancer squared 2' is as successful as the first one was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where did the cows, ostriches, and other "farm" animals go?