Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thank you "ME"

I installed google analytics to keep track of my blog and let me see if what I would write actually made a difference in someone's life.

I am amazed that I have reached out to so many people in my dance with cancer.

I looked back this last week at what I had written years ago when my project started and I sit here in awe.

I have readers from Australia and Russia and the middle east and all over, and I have made contact with 311 people out of the 3140 who were diagnosed with my cancer 2 short years ago.

I started this blog to alleviate my own demons and it turned into something which I never imagined.

I never imagined it to be so positive until I looked back and gave it the reflection it deserved.

It evolved into something that I never expected it to become and it is because of this, that I need to thank everyone who helped or helps me along my road of recovery from the beast called cancer.

I could never say 'thank you' enough for what each and everyone of you have done for me. Words seem inadequate in what I have been given.

Nameless faces have reached out to me when I needed it and I have returned the favor as many times as I could.

Cancer survivors have so many stories to tell you.

They have gone up to the cliff and looked over the edge and they've come back again with stories to tell if you'd only listen to the words and read the lines between.

We skip through the puddles with glee and abandon now. We have to. We might not have tomorrow but we sure have today.

Hugs more freely given and smiles more quickly felt.

My blog has opened a venue for frightened souls to seek comfort and send a cry for help to someone else in need.

What started out as something to help me turns innocently into something to help others and that is really what it is all about.

A time will come when I will die and no longer be around to tell my story.

I hope though from the bottom of my heart, that when my kids get old enough to read about my legacy and what I've always wanted for them to become and what I hoped them to achieve, that they look back at what I've written and they smile and they laugh and they think that yup, cancer freed me to become everything that they should be as well. (without the cancer)

Thank you everyone for alleviating my fears and giving me the power to want to do good by everyone else.

No comments: