Saturday, January 31, 2009

God, are you listening?

I go to sleep tonight hoping that my blog will be there for my kids when they are old enough to read it and appreciate it.

They both know that I write but they mostly sit beside me with toys and stories of school and they don't know about the content of my blog and my wishes and dreams for them.

I want them to both grow up understanding that life is oh, too short.

My daughter is such a sweet soul and for that I am grateful. My son is a joy.

I ask God everyday, to give me the time to let Dane grow up and to let me see him get married.

That's only about 20 years. That's all I ask.

We never imagine asking for additional time unless we are challenged with the possibility of not having done that much time.

I know its a lot. 20 years is a stretch in time and I know it.

I will however, keep doing my animal rescue work if you only give me the time to see my daughter grow up a bit more and I'm also asking for a bit more time for Dane.

He's only 3 and he needs his mom for a few more years yet.

And I need a bit more time to love Curt and let him get through the barriers of me and the barriers of him.

Please God, I just need a bit more time.

I say my prayers tonight and I'm getting ready to put Dane to bed and tuck him in and I just want to do that for a few more years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll say a prayer too for you...

Ocean

Unknown said...

I'll say one too...in my own way.

Barbara

p.s. Hi Ocean.