Saturday, January 6, 2007

I LOVE that guy named NED

You know that something big is going on when you wake up in the morning and find '24' messages wishing you the best and rooting for you !!! :)

My first post treatment check is now complete and I am deemed NED. (no evidence of disease)

Its a great feeling having accomplished this. The chemo and radiation wreck freaking havoc on your body and I'd like to hope that the permanent tattoos I received were so worth it.

After my examination, my oncologist asked me if I would be interested in being a part of a focus group involving 12 oncologists and psychologists. The purpose of the focus group is to determine how doctors and the medical establishment in general can be more emotionally supportive to survivors AFTER they have finished treatment.

It still amazes me that seeing a psychologist is considered 'optional' after you've been diagnosed with the big C. How can anyone think that they DON'T need someone to talk to?

I have now finished the 2nd hurdle in setting up cancer support meetings with the Canadian Cancer Society. I have one more meeting to get under my belt and then hopefully i'll be doing a bit of training and running my own meetings in about a month or so.

Can you imagine another positive coming out of this whole freaking mess I called a cancer journey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi NED!

Ssssssoooooooo flipping happy for you!

Want to hear all about the focus group and the meetings you will be leading.

You'll be a star!