Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm beginning to move forward

Its quite remarkable how we have the ability to fall back into our lives after cancer and get back on the bus.

I'm beginning to look at my clothes again and I'm beginning to prefer the stiletto boots over the comfy outdoor slippers lined with sheep-wool that were the staple of my fashion diet as of late.

Gone are the basic black and pearls that I used to wear. Bright yellows and greens and anything that says 'lively' has now replaced most of the black.

I have spent a gazillion dollars on e-bay buying packaging for the new 'me' and it feels wonderful. The emerald solitaire earrings caught my eye and I spent 3 days outbidding a lady aptly named 'newgirl' for a pair of antique mined diamond studs that I absolutely had to have.

I stand in front of the mirror critiquing my form and making small mental notes of things that I would like to change and how to go about it. I even did some yoga today.

The body is a wonderful thing. The way that it can heal after undergoing toxic drugs and radiation never ceases to amaze me.

Its sometimes like I've never had cancer at all.

Tomorrow I wake up and go to my new job getting trained to help others going through their own health issues and I feel so good about that.

I want to look my best because I feel the best that I have ever felt in a long time.

I'm not in pain anymore and I'm not dragging myself to chemo or radiation or to see some other doctor for something or another.

My life is calm and it is has personal purpose.

I can't think of anything else that I would like to have for today other than that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.......there is no place like home!

.......there is no place like home!

Anonymous said...

ooops....

put my comment on the wrong blog.

see message from Oz

Anonymous said...

stiletto away.....