Saturday, January 6, 2007

I'll trade you 10 smarties............

Have you ever noticed we make deals with ourselves?

If I get that new job, I'll work 3 hours each night at home.

If I don't have cancer in my ass, I'll change my whole life. !!!!

I remember sitting outside my doctor's office trying not to choke on my diagnosis. I have cancer.

I leaned my head on my steering wheel and I thought of my promise to myself. I didn't have to change my life.

What was I thinking?

Of course, I have to change my life. I got cancer didn't I? I obviously wasn't feeding the body the way that I should have. I didn't do something right. I needed to change some things.

After I finished my treatment, I was more convinced that I needed to change a whole shit-load of stuff and get serious about making positive changes to my life in order to actually stay in it.:)

I was watching a discovery show called "Flip that house". It is a show about doing some renovations to an existing house to make it bigger, badder and stronger.

Maybe that was the ticket for me.

I started a buddy group changing little things day by day to get there. I find that I get over-loaded if I have to do it all freaking today.

I can commit to drinking water and not eating bread for a week and so can my online friends.

They say that it takes 6 weeks for a habit to be made or broken and baby steps are the way to go I think.

We as a group are doing things one week at a time and getting used to those things before adding another.

Maybe at the end of the day, this is the secret to life and to living.

We evaluate where we are each day and we stretch that threshold one day a week and try and do something better.

What a great world it would be if we ALL lived our lives this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.......for 10 smores

6 weeks, eh?

Hhhhhmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I promised not to chew bubble gum if I could make the cheerleading squad in 8th grade. Didn't make it, so I chewed to my heart's content. Boy, was I sorry at my next orthodontist appt.

Why does being good have to be so hard?

blk